The Fleetwood Library Bed
The Fleetwood Library bed is a vertically mounted wall bed (also known as a "Murphy bed") which is
consealed behind a bi-folding book/display unit. This product has been developed to solve modern home space
constraints focusing on the requirement for storage for books, curios, art pieces etc while having the
convienence of an extra bed. This design is based on a book shelf / bed combination which provides sleeping and
storage facilities within the same space. Using an intellegent mechanism the Fleetwood retains the book shelf
in a vertical position enabling a swift book shelf-to-bed operation without having to remove items off the
- Double (Standard Length)
- Extra length models and other sizes available upon request
Build and Materials
- High quality melamine faced board available in a range of colours and textures.
- Laminated pine/plywood or laminated saligna/okoume available on request
- All steel items are powder coated with Hammer finish Light Grey
- Counter balancing gas lifts to carry the bulk of the weight for ease of operation.
- Rubber extrusions bonded to the support legs to prevent floor damage.
- Floating, bi folding bookcases which pivot on each side, eliminating the need for castor wheels.
- Side cabinets available to match.
- Matching fold down table.
- Pair of downlight housings
- Please contact us with your requirements for a quotation.
- Delivery is approximately 2 - 5 weeks from date of order as quoted
- Mattress not included.
- Unit is designed to accommodate the STANDARD bed sizes available in South Africa
- Unit is designed to accommodate a mattress thickness up to 260mm.
- Delivery and fitment will be included on quotation